Free Lone Worker Services
During the global COVID-19 pandemic, we understand that workers will have an increased exposure to risk. At Safe Shores Monitoring, our mission is to protect, assure and respond to lone workers who face a multitude of risks, and that is no exception during this pandemic.
To help protect lone workers during this time, we are offering our Companion App and the Archangel Platform to key workers, volunteers and homeworkers free of charge* for the foreseeable future* to help manage risks and health and safety during this time.
Our services are free for:
Food and other necessary goods
Those involved in the production, processing, distribution, sale and delivery of food including retail employees.
Utilities, communication and financial services
Staff who are needed to keep the oil, gas, electricity and water sectors running. Those providing essential financial services. Key staff in the civil nuclear, chemical and telecommunications sectors and those in postal services.
Education and child care
Nursery, teaching staff and social workers.
Key public services
Those in the justice system, religious staff, undertakers and some journalists.
Local and national government
Those essential to the delivery of the Covid-19 response. Those delivering essential public services, such as the payment of benefits.
Those keeping transport modes operating during the Covid-19 response.
Those in the third sector who are assisting with local and national support of vulnerable people during Covid-19.
Our Existing Customers
If you already use Safe Shores Monitoring services, we can still support you. If your organisation supports key workers, we will provide you three months free equivalent service at the end of your contract. If you have employees at home, you can still apply for the free homeworker service.
Why the Companion App?
The Companion App converts your smartphone into a comprehensive staff safety solution. The BS8484 certified system has a range of features that keep your staff safe in many scenarios. Features include:
- SOS button to raise emergency alarms to staff or Safe Shore Monitoring’s 24 hour Alarm Receiving Centre
- Welfare checks to monitor your safety
- Advanced fall and mobility alarm providing automatic alerts upon falls, impacts and periods of inactivity
- Accurate location monitoring to help responders
- Text-controls to aid compliance with the Equality Act
Alarms from the Companion App can be managed via our “Secured by Design” awarded Archangel platform. Alarms can be monitored by your own management team or by our BS8484 certified Alarm Receiving Centre.
*At this time, we can only offer the Companion App for free through Android devices. If you require an iOS version, please contact us.
*Our free lone worker service will be available for three months once you have signed up.
Safe Shores Monitoring services are connected by Archangel ®, a fully customisable and secure cloud-based portal which helps manage lone worker safety.
Archangel ® enables businesses to manage end user profiles, device allocations, locations, alarm management and activity reporting, providing full control of your lone worker service.
Our unique platform uses secure cloud services to connect a range of wireless devices including mobile, GPS devices, smartphones and others in order to gather, store and share data with individuals, responders and our state-of-the-art Alarm Receiving Centre.
Archangel ® collates all event data including location, devices used and user activity to create customised reports for authorised system users.
Free Service Options
The self-managed service is available for companies with employees working from home and don’t require ARC assistance.
This service is managed by a dedicated manager or ‘common responder’ within your organisation. When an alarm is raised by a lone worker, a common responder will respond to the alarm.
This service includes:
- Free access to the Archangel Platform (1 administrator account)
- Free access to the Android Companion App for as many end-users you require
- Live location updates for lone workers
- SOS, Clock, Tag and Activity Sensor functions for monitoring safety
- Alarm management tools
- Custom online reports
- Free online training and guidance
- 24-hour support for enquiries
Managed by Safe Shores
This service is only available to key workers and volunteers.
This service is managed by Safe Shores Monitoring and our Alarm Receiving Centre (ARC).* When an alarm is raised by a lone worker, the alarm is received by one of our ARC operators.
This service includes all self-managed features, as well as:
- Service provided by highly trained operators, 24/7.
- UK-wide emergency response service which bypasses the public 999 system
- Response to welfare and SOS alarms with immediate action in the event of any incident or emergency
- Immediate response to live inbound calls
- Evidence gathering and recordings for major incidents
- Professional witness statements in the event of civil or criminal prosecutions
- Free online training and guidance
- 24 hour support
* This service is only free for key workers and volunteers.