Keeping your personal data secure is extremely important to us. As part of our ongoing commitment to cyber security, resilience and continuity, Safe Shores Monitoring is proud to announce that we have achieved both Cyber Essentials and Cyber Essentials PLUS certification.
Jointly developed by the UK government, the National Cyber Security Centre and the wider cyber security industry, the Cyber Essentials scheme contains two tiers which defines a baseline standard of security for businesses in the UK.
The first tier of Cyber Essentials concentrates on five key areas:
- Securing connectivity to the internet through appropriate management of boundary firewalls and internet gateways
- The secure configuration of software and devices used within Safe Shores Monitoring
- Strong access control to data and services
- Suitable processes and mechanisms for protecting against viruses and other malware
- Effective patch management to ensure devices and software are up to date
Whilst the first tier of Cyber Essentials can be achieved via a self-certification, at Safe Shores Monitoring, we have gone further to acquire the Cyber Essentials Plus tier 2 certification which required a rigorous assessment with an external body to demonstrate our security processes for both our internal infrastructure and wider area networks.
By achieving Cyber Essentials Plus certification, we are showcasing our dedication to our organisational mission to protect, assure and respond to the needs of our customers. Speaking of the new certification, Technical Systems Manager, Scott Gilmer said:
“”Achieving Cyber Essentials PLUS certification demonstrates our commitment to continuous improvement and security at Safe Shores.
“Cyber Essentials joins a range of accreditations that we have obtained to ensure that our internal systems, procedures and processes are the safe and secure to best protect our customers, including Secured By Design, ISO9001, BS7858 and more.”